Tuesday 24 May 2011

Late Night Song: The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime around midnight (2008)

The Airborne Toxic Event [Vinyl]

Last week I listened to few randomal albums which I've been stumbling upon on Grooveshark. Suddenly, I bumped a band called The Airborne Toxic Event, which sounds to me like a Brit-Pop kind. Then, on track number seven, Sometime around midnight (Lyrics), I thought it was Jarvis Cocker from Pulp singing. Mikel Jollett's voice sounds great and the song moves from quite melody at its start towards a brilliant Rock song which collaborates elements of U2, Coldplay and Black Rebel Motorcycle club. Jollett's sings about his Ex-girlfriend and it feels so real and heartbreaking while he screams: "Then she leaves, with someone you don’t know. But she makes sure you saw her. She looks right at you and bolts."


Good Night








No comments:

Post a Comment