Monday 25 April 2011

New Born: Fresh Sounds - April 2011



Hi There

A little breeze came through my window this morning, I believe it was a sign for what I may write today. So today's mixtape will include 5 new songs I've heard lately, Hoping it will catch your ear too...

I start with the collaboration of Nick Cave and Unkle which I wrote about earlier this week. Money and run (Youtube, Lyrics) from the new EP by James Lavelle. Together they deliever a kicking rock song with dominant guitars and a choir at the background, a great tune!

Confetti (Youtube, Lyrics) By Cold Cave from Cherish The Light Years (Bonus Track Edition) (2011) gives us a taste of how the 80's would have sound if we played those songs today. Wesley Eisold trying to get us back to the Confetti years and doing it perfectly. 

The Pains of being pure at heart sing about belonging at their openning track Belong (Youtube, Lyrics) from thier latest Belong (2011). It reminds me something between Placebo and Suede, try to listen and close your eyes, you might feel the same. I need to free an hour to listen to the whole album, Which got a lot of praises so far.

Home is a fire (Youtube, Lyrics) by Death Cab For Cutie is also the openning track of their next album, Codes And Keys (2011). As an opposite to the song above, it speaks about how our home is "Burning reminder Of where we belong, love". They combine gentle Electronics with Guitars and thoughtful lyrics, the result is beautiful. 

The last track for today's list is Circuital (Youtube, Lyrics) by My Morning Jacket. Taken from their sixth forthcoming studio album Circuital (2011). This Rock band from Kentucky continue to make interesting music, while the opener of this one reminds me something I've heard before (Interpol?)

Have A Great Day

No comments:

Post a Comment