Monday 30 May 2011

Cha Cha Changes (7 Days, 7 Songs Series)


Hi There

After a long time without writing about music (Benn to Prague and Dresden on a vacation), it's time to get back to business. This week issue will be changes, hoping that it'll happen to you too.

Monday: Over The Rhine - Changes Come


Never Heard about OTR (a.k.a Over The Rhine) until I first listened to their Seventh album (Their best so far from my point of view...), Ohio (2003). Changes Come (Youtube, Lyrics), A beautiful piano Ballad acompanied with Karin bergquist's great voice who sings: "There is all this untouched beauty, The light the dark both running through me, Is there still redemption for anyone?". Don't miss the Youtube link which presents a great gig by this band


Tuesday: David Bowie - Changes


Going back to 1971, while David Bowie released his Forth album Hunky Dory. Changes (Youtube, Lyrics) wasn't a big hit at that time but became one of Bowie's famous songs with the immortal lines: "Time may change me, But you can't trace time". A timeless song...

Wednesday: The Thermals - I'm Gonna Change Your Life

After one acoustic song followed by a Classic one, it's time to Rock out. The Thermals, ,sings I'm gonna change your life (Youtube, Lyrics) on their openeing track taken from their Fifth studio album, Personal Life (2010). A simple Rock song which declare they're going to change someone's life, hoping they made it...


Thursday: KT Tunstall - Change


While the Scottish origin singer, KT Tunstall sings: "And if I change am I denying what was said?
If I remain the same, am I creating greater problems instead?" on her song Change (Youtube, Lyrics), you cannot stay calm. Such a beautiful track taken from her Acoustic Extravaganza (W/Dvd) (2006), makes me look at the world differently, reminds me that there are other persons around us.

Friday: LCD Soundsystem - I Can Change


James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem said goodbye to the music world on April 2, 2011 while performing at the Madisson Squere Garden, NY. I chose to put I can change (Youtube, Lyrics) inside this mixtape From their last release before break-up, This Is Happening (2010). With unforgettable scream from Murphy's deep throat and great lyrics like: "And love is a murderer, love is a murderer. But if she calls you tonight, Everything is all right"


Saturday: She & Him - Change Is Hard


Zooey Deschanel and M.Ward's collaboration was fantastic since I first heard their debut album, Volume One (2008). On Change is hard (Youtube, Lyrics), Deschanel sings: "I'm all out of luck, But what else Could I be? I know he's yours And he'll never belong To me again" about a lost lover. Seems like it was taken stright from the Fifties....

Sunday: Scorpions - Wind Of Change


There's no need to introduce This power Rock Ballad taken from Crazy World (1990). Wind of change (Youtube, Lyrics) was the right song at the right time. I don't think that the Scorpions thought how shortly after thier visit to Gorki's park, the walls of Communism will fall. The best selling single in Germany ever is the final song for this mixtape

Enjoy, may you all change somehow this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment