Saturday 7 May 2011

Suede's Best # 3



Hi There

On the third part of Suede's discography you can find songs from each era. From their wonderful debut album, Suede , I've chosen one of their greatest hits, Animal nitrate (Youtube, Lyrics). Each time I hear Butler's Guitar on the openning of this song, I feel like I've been thrown back to the 90's.



From Their second album, Dog Man Star: Deluxe Edition (1994), I've got Heroine (Youtube, Lyrics), which is much Rocky than other Ballads on this album like Black or Blue (Youtube, Lyrics) with thos thrilling lines: "I don't care if you're black or blue, me and the stars stay up for you. I don't care who's wrong or right and I don't care for the U.K. tonight so stay, stay"


Of course they've done a lot of covers. One of them, taken from Help: Bosnian Relief (1995), Is Shipbuilding (Youtube, Lyrics) which was originally sung by Elvis Costello. When Anderson Sings Costello's words: "It's all we're skilled in, We will be shipbuilding, With all the will in the world, Diving for dear life, When we could be diving for pearls" You can't easily differ who wrote this song. 



Staurday Night (Youtube, Lyrics) was the third single from Coming Up (1996) and picked #6 on the British chart, but I'd rather preffer By The Sea (Youtube, Lyrics) which was hidden in the same album, one of suede's greatest ballads.


Sci-Fi Lullabies (2 Cd-Set) (1997) got four songs in here: To The Birds (Youtube, Lyrics) which was the B-side of their debut single, The DrownersGraffiti Woman (Youtube, Lyrics) was the B-side of the  final single of  Coming Up [ENHANCED CD] (1996) called Filmstar, High Rising (Youtube, Lyrics) which was the B-side of Glorious So Young from their debut album and Jumble Sale Mums (Lyrics) which was the B-side of Saturday Night, that I mentioned above. 


Only one part left, Stay tuned...


See the earlier episodes on the links below:


Suede's best # 1

Suede's best # 2



No comments:

Post a Comment