Saturday 7 May 2011

I Will Follow (7 Days, 7 Songs Series)


Hi There


On Every Sunday, I'll Publish (Hoping I'll make it happen for a while...), A set of 7 songs, each for a day, All songs will be connected to each other by one issue which they give it different perspective. So Here It Goes, This week issue is Following (last Week, The Mixtape was about Morning)

Sunday: Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Today it's the memorial day in Israel so I couldn't find other song than I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Youtube, Lyrics), Which appears on Plans (2005), thier Sixth studio album. This is an acoustic Ballad preformed by frontman Ben Gibbard who sings: "Love of mine some day you will die But I'll be close behind I'll follow you into the dark", How Romantic.

Monday: The Twilight Singers - Follow You Down

Follow You Down (Youtube, Lyrics) is taken from the second album of The Twilight Singers called Blackberry Belle (2003). I didn't know that the album was a tribute to Ted Demme (The Director of "Blow"), a close friend of Greg Dulli who died suddenly while playing basketball. The result is a sad album from which I find this one as the most inspiring. 

Tuesday: Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers

Lykke Li is a young Swedish Indie singer named Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson (Wowww). From her second album, Wounded Rhymes (2011), I've chosen her second single, I Follow Rivers (Youtube, Lyrics) that's got a bit of African spirit with light Electronics. Seems we'll hear a lot more from this talented woman. 

Wednesday: U2 - I Will Follow

Going back to the early 80's, where we find a young band from Dublin, which we'll become one of the world greatest bands by the next decade. On their first album, Boy (1980), U2 were a fresh Irish band which sung simple rock songs like this one, I will Follow (Youtube, Lyrics), the openning track of that album is now the most frequently performed by them...

Thursday: Skunk Anansie - You'll Follow Me Down

Back to the end of the 90's, we can find Skunk Anansie's song, You'll Follow Me Down (Youtube, Lyrics) sang by Skin with her powerful, warm voice. This one appeared on their third studio album called, Post Orgasmic Chill [ENHANCED CD] (1999) and was the last release by them before they broke up ('till reunited on 2009). 

Friday: Bang Gang - Follow 

The less familier group on this mixtape is Bang Gang, an Icelandic dream-pop act which makes melodious music. Out of their second album, Something Wrong (2003), I've got Follow (Youtube, Lyricswhich represents the group style. Esther Talia Casey and Bardi Johannsson doing great job there...

Saturday: James Murphy - Please Don't Follow Me 

The weekend has come and it's time to lay back and listen to James Murphy's brilliant track taken from Greenberg Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2010). It starts with a lonely piano playing and collaborates with Murphy's soft voice into a thrilling ballad about loneliness. Please Don't Follow Me (Youtube) is one of Murphy's favourites from my point of view. 

Enjoy This mixtape, Have a nice week...

No comments:

Post a Comment