Saturday 23 April 2011

Feels Like Home (7 Days, 7 Songs Series)



Hi There

It seems to be very ambitious but I'll try it any way. On Every Saturday night, I'll Publish (Hoping I'll make it happen for a while...), A set of 7 songs, each for a day, All songs will be connected to each other by one issue which they give it different perspective. So Here It Goes, This week issue is Home


Sunday: LCD Soundsystem - Home 


On 02/04 this year, LCD Soundsystem made they're last performance on the Madison Square Garden, NYC. After Three Albums, They decided to quit while they're still popular, a very brave step. I Chose to start the week with Home (Youtube, Lyrics) from the last album This Is Happening (2010), A Rhytmic song which makes me wanna dance anytime I hear it.

Monday: PJ Harvey - A Place Like Home

PJ Harvey still Rocks! That was my first thought after I heard her latest Let England Shake (2011).But let's take a giant step to 2000 and her's A Place Like Home (YoutubeLyrics) from Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea (2000). I've got a hard copy of that album on my shelf, It speaks for itself....

Tuesday: Depeche Mode - Home

Depeche Mode are one of my favourits although they gone bad through the years... Their beautiful song Home (YoutubeLyrics) from Ultra (1997) makes me smell the scent of my mother's cooking, far far away back in my hometown... One of Depeche Mode's inspiring songs ever


Wednesday: Aqualung - Take Me Home


Less known than the previous, Aqualung makes great Indie-Folk-Pop songs. From His Second album,  Still Life (2003), I chose Take Me Home (YoutubeLyrics), A Lovely Quite song for the middle of the week


Thursday: Devo - No Place Like Home


The Weekend is getting closer and it's time for sometthing that throws me back to the 80's. No Place Like Home (YoutubeLyrics) from Something For Everybody (Deluxe) (2010), an album which was released after 20 years!! of silence marked their comeback, and what a comeback it was!


Friday: Black Box Recorder - I Ran All The Way Home


Black Box Recorder made Indie Music at the beginning of this Millenium, but they fade away very quickly, leaving behind some beautiful songs with strong French scent like this one,  I Ran All The Way Home (Lyrics) from Passionoia (2003)


Saturday: The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build A Home


It's the last song for this week and it most be a special one. To Build A Home (YoutubeLyrics) from Ma Fleur (2007) is one of the songs that makes you roll a few tears on your cheek. The velvet voice of Patrick Watson together with the Cinematic Orchestra and the gentle words makes it the best choice for the weekend

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment